Ensure a safe and effective liver Esophogeal Manometry procedure by following these instructions exactly as directed below.
- At first appointment tell your doctor if you are taking any blood thinner/coagulant medications other than aspirin.
6 hours before procedure:
- Nothing to eat or drink.
Morning of procedure:
- Take only heart, blood pressure or anti-anxiety medication with a small sip of water. Hold all other medications until after your exam
Day of procedure
- Your procedure lasts approximately 2 hours.
- This test is performed by the nurse at endoscopy.
- You may drive yourself home unless you are having anesthesia in which case you will need a driver over the age of 18.